Saturday 22 March 2014

Saturday Lunch

At the end of my novel, Far Beyond Rubies, is the recipe for Spinach, peas and Indian Curd Cheese curry. I have made it for my youngest son and his family who are coming to lunch today.

Rest of the menu.

Sweet potato, butter beans, tomato curry to which I added some greens a dry curry served with cucumber raita (grated cucumber in seasoned yoghurt).

Moong dahl, (an Indian version of soup spiced with powdered cumin, coriander, turmeric, salt and fresh coriander. 

Chappatis (Indian flat bread made with brown flour).

 Brown basmati rice.

 Mango pulp.

I defy anyone who thinks a vegetarian diet is unhealthy to find fault with the nutritional value of this meal. Incidentally, the spices have their own health-giving properties and moong is rich in iron,

All the best,
Rosemary Morris
Historical novelist published by MuseItUp Publishing

No comments: