Ten regrets re:2013
1. Not being able to afford to buy every book on my want to read list.
2. My inability to manage on less than 8 hours sleep a night so that I could pack more into my already busy days.
3. Not meeting my target of swimming 3 or 4 times a week.
4. Failure to lose more weight in spite of low fat milk, only one sweet treat a week etc.
5. I should have signed up for more book blogs for my romantic historical novels.
6. Spending too much time on Facebook when I should be reading historical non-fiction and making notes for my novel.
7. Describing the hero helping the heroine to sit on his horse and then sitting in front of her. In order to do so he would have had to pass his leg over her head. Ouch! Neither my efficient copy editor nor my efficient line editor noticed this. No matter how hard I try it's really difficult to always get everything right.
8. I wish I had mastered the technique of growing indoor and outdoor winter salads.
9. Failure to finish my new novel by Christmas 2013.
10. I should have bought new carpet for the stairs and a new gas cooker.