Friday, 15 March 2013


My copy editor sent me a list of words to apply to the pre-edits of my novels. Some of the words are 'was', 'and', 'that' and 'because'. I highlighted all the words and was amazed at how often I had used them. By rephrasing and rewriting my writing has improved.

Today, I finished applying the pre-edits to a new novel with the working title Hearts Afire, which set in the reign of Queen Anne Stuart - 1702-1714 when religious controversy was rife.  All that is left to do before submitting it to my publisher, MuseItUppublishing is applying the spelling and grammar check, read through it once more to check for errors, clumsy phrases etc., and revise the synopsis and write a letter. 

Hopefully my publisher will be as enthusiastic about Hearts Afire as she is about my other novels and accept it for publication.

No comments: