Friday, 15 March 2013


This morning was a rainy, dull day, perfect for staying warm indoors and writing. I finished the pre-edits for my new novel with the working title Hearts Afire which I will submit to my publisher MuseItUppublishing. The pre-edits involve polishing the text by minimising the useage of words such as 'and', 'as' and 'that'. It's the proverbial icing on the cake' because it tightens the text.

The first time I highlighted the words on my copy editor's list I was shocked when I realised how often I had used them. Of course, it isn't possible to get rid of all of them but by rephrasing and rewriting my writing  had improved. It is tighter and more succinct.

No comments: