Thursday 4 July 2013

Writing - planning and plotting.

I am writing the Monday's Child set pre the Battle of Waterloo. It is the sequel to my novel Sunday's Child set in England in 1813, which is published by MuseItupPublishing.

Today, I took time out from writing to think about the novel. While doing so I made lettuce and pea soup.

My home grown Little Gem lettuces had bolted and the leaves were bitter so I stripped off the leaves.

The recipe is as follows:-
2 tablespoons of olive oil.
1 sliced leek
Leaves from 3 Little Gem or other lettuces.
Half a pound of peas.
One and a half pints of vegetable stock.
Salt and pepper to taste.
2 generous tablespoons of cream.

Fry the leek add all the ingredients except for the salt, pepper and cream. Bring to the boil then simmer until the lettuce is cooked. Tip it into a blender and liquidise. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste, then stir in the cream. Delicious.

No comments: